DECLARATION OF LIMAConclusions of the Third International Forum "The Coca Leaf: From the Andes to the World"
While this third forum starts raising the central problem that is presented to this plant from the ban in 1961 acullicu picchado or the United Nations, that impedes the development of the Andean own natural resource for the brother country of Bolivia is negotiating its review for the sake of the respect that all people have the right to exercise their cultural tradition even in the case of the Andean people for which this sheet is of her identity and ritual practice with nature.
- Respect for their traditional use of ancestral root cause of our identity as Andean people.
- Require the state to Congress through its Coca legislate law, according to the mandate of the Constitutional Court in previous years.
- Create policies to support the investigation of this plant so important in the national and regional identity.
- Work in building peace and sustainable development of coca growing regions.
- Demand that our governments and the United Nations for the immediate withdrawal of the Coca Leaf from the list of banned substances.
- Require governments of the Andean region and member countries of the United Nations to support the position of the Government of Bolivia in Defense of the Coca Leaf.
- Regional exercise sovereignty on the issue of coca.
- Search for regional areas where we can present the issue of revaluation of the coca leaf.
- That the governments of the Andean region promote the use of coca leaf in nutrition programs, medicinal and ritual removing barriers to transit, trade, consumption of these products use beneficial to the population.
- Urge our governments to multilateral settings such as the Summit of the Americas, UNASUR, the Andean Community, CELAC, and others to address the issue of Sheet Sheet holistically.
- Be vigilant and informed in order to defend its traditional and medicinal food consumption and in any field.